Making good sense of this new-era
Back in September we started running our new tracker, appropriately named the ‘New-Era’ tracker, which we are running to gauge an understanding of consumer behaviour in this ever changing world; delving into food choices, shopping habits, eating out habits, social activities and views on the economy.
The tracker is being run monthly among our Good Sense Community, with a base of circa 200 respondents each month. Detailed below are some of the key take outs from the October report, and the full report can be accessed here.
- Month on month consumers seem to have started using part cooked at home meals and cooking from scratch more frequently
- They also seem to be becoming more conscious of food wastage, wasting less on a more frequent basis
Frozen Category Shopping Instore
- Consumers seem to be looking for new products in the frozen category, with 48% looking for new frozen fruit & veg and 53% looking for new frozen meat & fish.
Online Restaurant Delivery & Takeaways
- Quality of food and taste of food are the most important reasons for choosing a venue, but delivery times and prices have increased in importance in comparison to September.
- Consumers are lacking confidence of prices remaining the same in supermarkets
- Considering the uncertain future facing the economy it is not surprising that in October only 37% of consumers felt positive about what lies ahead.