Future Food Trend Tracker Update
Future Food Trend Tracker was launched back in January as a collaboration between Good Sense Research and The Food People. A lot has changed since the beginning of the year, with the lockdown playing a major part in changing consumer behaviour and perceptions.
Here are 6 key take-outs from June’s insights.
1. During lockdown consistently fewer people were ordering vegan & vegetarian meals from takeaway/delivery channels compared to when they were eating out at restaurants pre-COVID.
2. During the period of April-June a higher proportion of meat based dishes were consumed compared to the period of January-March.
3. Shorter seasonally abundant menus drive interest, and this has remained consistent throughout the tracking period.
4. Wastage sustainability drives appeal among consumers, especially healthy soil initiatives, and bio digest/composting is gradually on the increase again.
5. Since the announcement of restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes being able to re-open there has been a shift in consumer behaviour with more now saying they are less likely to visit.
6. Since April month on month we are seeing an upward trend in people trying Middle Eastern, Modern Korean and West African.
If you would like to see the full report you can find it on our website here.