Launching a New Concept
Having identified a customer trend in protein based snacks, and wanting to add to their core portfolio, our client needed help with:
- Validating the concept, purchase intent and eating quality of the new product, with customers of different categories
- Investigating weight, packaging, name, price & position in store
In order to answer our client’s key questions, we conducted a concept test, allowing customers to demonstrate their understanding of the product before tasting in order to assess eating quality. The final phase covered off packaging design and messaging, using artwork for visual.
The concept and taste test were also supported with further exploration In-home diaries, to understand the relevance of the product to customers from each distinct category. Combining the results from each phase, we were able to give clear answers to each question, thereby providing our client with direction for next steps.
We helped them to establish:
- From an eating quality point of view, the product was is a huge success!
- Which of their customer categories they should target
- Key on pack messages and design related attributes including colours to use and avoid